Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Been a bit busy....

Which means I have a lot to put in today's post! I'll start with my Pink Mani. Since I had started swatching my collection, I've come across some colors that just haven't gotten fully appreciated, mainly because they were overshadowed by other colors in their individual collections. What I chose today is one of those color, Wing It! from OPI. In the bottle, this color is gorgeous, very sparkly and more pink than it is on the nail. On the nail, meh; it takes at least 3 coats for it to be not so sheer. Then I had the bright idea of layering it over another color, which is what I started off with: 2 coats of Flit a Bit and topcoat.






Once that was all dry, I added 2 coats of Wing It! and topcoated once more. All I can say is, this is the color in the bottle! It's so pretty like this!








So, over the weekend I went to Sally's to check out they had for bright polishes, ostensibly to wear under White Shatter. I picked up Turned up Turquoise, Pink Voltage, Blue Sparrow, and Blue Iguana, all from China Glaze. Monday was my day to change my pedi, so I picked Turned up Turquoise and Silver Shatter. I was a little disappointed at how dull this color dried without a topcoat. It's a pretty frosty, turquoise; just dull when it dries. I did topcoat it before the Shatter, as you'll see in the second pic. Please ignore the little bit of clean up I didn't do :P Oh, and this is two coats of TUT.








Last, but not least, is the mani I did on Saturday. This one I was really disappointed in, but I think I could have chosen a better color to use my Blue Shatter on. It just didn't look as good as I thought it would over Last Friday Night. I started with two coats of LFN and topcoated that.







Then one coat of Blue Shatter. This is such a pretty blue; I'm really gonna have to play with other colors to see what it looks good with.












No comments:

Post a Comment