Thursday, June 27, 2013

What a busy last 6 days!

Good morning!!

What a busy last 6 days I've had! Today I finally get a breather, I haven't hardly had time to do much of anything, mostly because of family and work stuff. Everything should calm for a while now :)

I have a few manis I want to show you, starting with my Stamping Sunday challenge. The theme for this past Sunday was French manicures. I despise regular Frenches, they're just so boring. This also coincided nicely with what I wanted to for my parents' 35th anniversary vow renewal :) I even bought a new dress for the occasion.

What I decided to was a funky French. It started with 1 coat of Zoya Madison topped with a coat of Seche, because it just wasn't drying fast enough for me xD Then I broke out the Scotch tape and taped off just below my natural smile lines. On my left hand, I applied Zoya Malia with Zoya Rocky as accents on my ring finger and thumb. For my right, I switched it to Rocky with Malia accents. Another coat of Seche and let it dry. I stamped tiny roses in Zoya Ibiza using my Messy Mansion plate 07 and topped one last time with Seche.

I'm quite proud at how nice this turned out. I was also surprised at well it held up. I finished it up Saturday night and didn't take it off till Monday evening; there weren't hardly any chips or tip wear!









Next is what I slapped on my nails for Tuesday. I certainly wasn't up for something involved, since I had to be up early, but I wanted something fun. I started with 2 coats of China Glaze's Fuschia Fanatic and topped with Seche. One coat of China Glaze's Crackle Glaze in Lightning Bolt, another coat of Seche followed by one coat of China Glaze's Matte Magic :)








Now, my mani yesterday was super fun. I had gotten the idea from Zoya's blog, where they had featured another blogger reviewing the Stunning and Irresistible collections. I decided that I wanted to give it a shot myself, but I had to substitute a few colors.

I started with a Skittles mani, using all Zoya colors, in Darcy, Thandie, Josie, Rocky, and Malia (I seem to be using this color alot......). I did three coats of each and topped it Seche, and let it dry completely before moving on. Using Scotch tape, I tape of my nails at diagonal angles, going the opposite direction on my ring finger as an accent. Over that, I used Kerry, Amy, Rikki, Hazel, and Danni, all foils. Topped it all with Seche again :)






No comments:

Post a Comment