Thursday, December 11, 2014

Brrrrr!



Good morning!!

So, we are finally, really, feeling fall/winter like weather here, and I couldn't be happier. I love cooler weather, and it looks like it'll be around for a while. Finally, it feels like the holidays!

Because of that, I finally felt like doing a snowflake mani. I chose to do it yesterday, since it was my birthday and I got two new flakie toppers for it :) I remember doing a mani inspired by this mani, and it's definitely making the rounds again this year. I decided to do a slightly different take on it.

For my base color, I used two coats of Zoya Ryan. Instead of a glitter topper, I used one of my new flakie toppers KBShimmer, Dark Matter, then topcoated with Seche. All the stamped snowflakes, of which there were no doubles on either hand, came from Infinity Nails 79 and were stamped in MdU silver. Another coat of Seche then Zoya matte coat. Oh, and some bling on the ring fingers.

I am so proud of how this turned out.






Tuesday featured another new polish from KBShimmer, Holly Back Girl. This is a white crelly with red and green glitter. I had seen something similar from a different indie brand, but found it wasn't available, which sucked because I loved it. Then I found this, and made haste to get it.

My mani used 3 coats of Holly Back Girl, then a coat of Seche. Keeping with the theme, I stamped different holly images on top, which all came from Chez Delaney Christmas 001. MdU red and high green were used to stamp with. A coat of Seche to seal it all.








Alrighty, moving along! It's been about a month or so since my last water marble. I wanted do something orchid colored, since Pantone announced this week their color of the year for 2015. Let's just say I'm less than thrilled with their choice.

My base color was a coat of Zoya Purity, then a coat of Seche. My marbling colors were Zoya Perrie and Haven, and the dots were Zoya Trixie. All topped with Seche. I was reluctant to take this off because it was so pretty.








I skipped this week's Stamping Sunday theme, mainly because I couldn't figure out how to translate a childhood winter memory to my nails. It's not that I didn't have any, there is one that stands out, but it was trying to figure out how to do it. Instead, I did "ugly" sweater nails.

The base color was 2 coats of KBShimmer Whole Lava Lovin'. The images came from Mo You London Festive 06 and Sugar Bubbles Special 002, stamped in MdU white, and topped with Seche.

I really need to work on my placement >.< Also, that thumb pic isn't blurry, the image stamped like that on just that thumb, I have no idea why lol.








Oh, and before I forget, I now have an Instagram! I can post there more often right now, than I can make a blog post. My user name is elfleidy if you chose to follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment