Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!



Good evening and happy New Year!!

Did you do any special for New Year's Eve? Hubs and I actually went to a little party with a few friends. It was great, since we almost never do anything special for New Year's.

I'll get to my New Year's mani in a sec, there's a few others I want to show first, starting with yesterday's Stamping Sunday challenge. The challenge this week was negative space, which is pretty popular right now. There are a few ways to interpret this challenge. Here's how I did mine.

Instead of a naked nail, I went with a naked look, using Zoya Chantal as my base. I used an open, lace like image from my VL-3 plate, stamped with Mundo de Unas black. Topped with Seche, then matted with Zoya's matte topcoat.








For Textured Friday, I used a new to me Pixie Dust. Zoya announced last month that they were discontinuing their Pixie Dusts, which makes me sad. After this announcement, I decided to get the last three I didn't have, Vespa, Godiva, and Destiny. Vespa was the Pixie of the day Friday :)

Vespa isn't as sage green as I thought it was, it's almost minty. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked on me. My mani was three coats.








Now my New Year's mani! It started with Zoya Imogen for the base. All the images came from Messy Mansion's MM02, all the colors were Mundo d Unas neons and white. I did top with Seche to protect the stamping. This probably the most elaborate stamping I've done yet, I'm very proud of it!








Tuesday was a simple look. I had picked Deborah Lippmann's I'm Not Edible at Marshall's for super cheap last weekend. This is three coats topped with Seche.








In another stamping group I'm in, we had a flash challenge last week, where you had to create a gradient or do a stamping gradient. I chose to do a gradient and stamp over it. The gradient colors were Zoya Kristen, Edie, and Sailor over Purity. The stamped images are from Mo You London Kitty collection 12 and Messy Mansion MM42, stamped in Mundo lavender. Topped with Seche and matted with Zoya matte topcoat.







I chose to not particpate in last Sunday's challenge, mainly because it (the challenge) was New Year's Eve, and I didn't plan on doing that until New Year's Eve. I did kitty cats instead. The base was Zoya Marina, the images from Konad m94, stamped in Mundo de Unas white. Topped with Seche.







No comments:

Post a Comment