Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Happy Tuesday!!



Good afternoon! How is your Tuesday afternoon? :) Is it bright and colorful and spring ready? Blah, I think Florida didn't get the memo for spring this year, and jumped right into summer x.x Not happy!

But I have several manis that I am incredibly happy with that I want to show off today. I think just about all of them feature new colors/collections. Shall we get started?

Today's mani, I know for sure, featured a new polish and a new stamping polish. The base color is Periwinkle in Time from KBShimmer. I have been on such a periwinkle kick lately, but I've had a difficult time finding true periwinkles. PiT needed three coats for opacity, then SV before stamping.

Mundo de Unas came out with new stamping colors for spring last month, a set of 8 colors. I ordered the entire set and received them yesterday. I wasn't sure how well Mint was going stamp over PiT, but it stamped just fine. It didn't blend in the base at all. The stamping plate I used was Pet'la Geomatrix, and sealed it with SV.



Yesterday was a water marble day with all Zoya colors. Purity for the base, and Lillian, Tiana, Cole, and Eden for the marble. I am so proud of how far my water marbles have come :)




I didn't take part in this week's Stamping Sunday challenge, mostly because I was lacking inspiration for the theme. I chose instead to do a stamped gradient. The gradient base was all China Glaze colors (which I have fallen back in love with.....). White on White for blank base, and Lemon Fizz, Highlight of my Summer, and Bottoms Up with a sprinkling of Fairy Dust then SV. I almost didn't stamp over that, I was so happy with how this gradient looked, but stamped I did. MdU turquoise and Pet'la Geomatrix for the stamping, then SV.




Textured Friday featured my last, new to me textured polish, Formula X by Sephora Nova. This is a pretty, lighter red, kind of like the one from the Minnie Mouse collection. This mani was 2 coats.




Last Thursday was another water marble, this one featuring Morgan Taylor colors. The white base was All White Now, the marble colors were Watt Yel-lookin' At? and OPI's Incognito in Sausalito. SV then Morgan Taylor's Matte's a Wrap.



For last Wednesday, I used the newly released Peri Me from I Love Nail Polish. Peri Me is a beautiful perwinkle linear holo; of course, I had to have it :P My mani needed 3 coats. SV, then stamped with MdU Fiji and Winstonia W-318, then another coat of SV.




And, finally, last Tuesday was simply 3 coats of Zoya Lola. Lola is quite easily the brightest, most obnoxious pink I own and have worn, next to Zoya Ali. It freaked my camera out a little bit, but this pic is pretty close to what it looks like. Since it dries kinda matte, topcoat is a muse, so SV on top of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment