Monday, April 6, 2015

So sorry!



Good evening!

I am so sorry I haven't posted lately. I haven't had a computer to be able to edit pics for over a week now. Finally, finally, I had access to one today, so I was able to get my pics done :)

To keep this post from being extremely photo heavy, I have one pic from each mani. Let's get started!

This is today's mani, a pastel water marble. The base was 2 coats of Morgan Taylor All White Now, the water marble colors were the entire collection of Color Club's Poptastic Patel Neons.  This came out much lighter than I anticipated, but I still liked it. Soft and pretty. It wasn't easier to capture it with my camera, but this was the best I could do.




I chose not to do the Stamping Sunday theme, because I didn't like what won the vote. Instead, I did an Easter themed mani. I used a new to me KBShimmer color, Where me Peeps At?, a Peeps yellow crelly with round glitter. I needed three coats for opacity. Over that, I stamped Messy Mansion MM08 and Mundo de Unas lilac.




Friday's mani featured colors from the super popular China Glaze Electric Nights collection. People have been going gaga over this collection, and I can see why. I picked up 8 of them last Wednesday, and really wish I had gotten one more of the other glitters. For this mani, though, I used UV Meant to Be and Point Me to the Party. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Three coats was needed for UV, but I think that was more me than the polish. I kinda feel I should have sponged on the glitter, because I could see air bubbles in bright light.



Thursday was really simple. Just three coats of Zoya Mimi. My camera made this look much cooler than it really is, so I tried to adjust the warmth for a truer color.



I have mixed feelings about my mani from Thursday. I adore the color and the stamping, but I absolutely hate the formula of the base color. I truly did buy CND Vinylux in Butterfly Queen for the name, but the color is gorgeous, so I figured I would give it a chance. Unfortunately, the formula is terrible. It dries rough, and stays rough with even two coats of Seche, and boy, it was a bitch to remove. Messy Mansion MM42 an Mundo de Unas were stamped over it.




Tuesday's mani was a bit of disappointment as well. I feel like I should have layered Morgan Taylor Best Ball Gown Ever over a periwinkle to make it pop. The formula wasn't bad, just two coats for opacity. Another mani where I used Messy Mansion MM08, but stamped in MdU lavender.




Mixed textures was the order of the day for last Monday. I used Zoya Lux and Brittany. Really love this combo!




For whatever reason, Easter nails were the Stamping Sunday them last week, instead of yesterday. I wanted to do nails that looked like Easter eggs, so I started with a water marble base. I used all the colors from Essie's 2014 summer neon collection. The "eggs" are from MM08, stamped in MdU pastel yellow.



For that Textured Friday, I used one of the last textures I have untried, L'Oreal Totally D'Accord. This is such a pretty texture. It's a blackened teal with silver flakies. Only two coats needed for opacity.




I totally ripped that Thursday's mani from Zoya's IG. It was a blue ombre, with Purity, Blu, Yummy, Edie, and Ryan. They left theirs glossy, but I matted mine with Zoya's matte topcoat.




I love the next mani. It's a water marble and gradient combo, using the same 4 colors. They're all Morgan Taylor colors:

All White Now
New Kicks on the Block
Varsity Jacket Blues
Going Native




And lastly, the previous Tuesday's mani. I pulled colors from the skirt I wore that day, blue, grey, and white. The white was OPI My Boyfrined Scales Wlls, te blue I Saw, You saw, We Saw... Warsaw. For the grey, I used Cracked Concrete from China Glaze Crackle Glaze. I then matted it with China Glaze Matte Magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment