Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy New Year!



Good morning and happy New Year to everyone!

Yay for little sleep! It's gonna be a long day x.x I've got plenty of manis to show you, so let's get to them! First up is yesterday's mani. It was very simple, and I wish I could have gotten a better photo of it, but it was just so gloomy yesterday, and indoor with a flash didn't cut it. I used Morgan Taylor Mint Chocolate Chip and Daydream, topped with Matte's a Wrap.





Mint Chocolate Chip is prolly one of the prettiest mint greens I own. There's no hint of blue, like with many mint greens and a few I own. It's very clean with no dustiness.

For #watermarblepracticewed this week, the prompt was starburst. I started with a base of OPI's Starry Eyed for Dear Daniel, which is pretty much the only other color I wanted from the Hello Kitty collection (which is currently available just about everywhere now). In the bottle, it looked like full on glitter, like the Burlesque glitters, but it's not, and it was easy to apply. I got it mostly because I like the color, not so much because it's glitter lol. For the water marble, I used Wet 'N Wild Black Creme and Nail Envy.





Yesterday was also a prompt for an IG challenge I've been taking part in, so I did that Tuesday. The prompt was winter berries. I really like what I came up with. The base is I Cannoli Wear OPI; I just love this color! The branches are stamped and are from Marianne Nails 58, stamped in MdU brown. The berries are just dots of OPI Bogota Blackberry.





PAA Mani Monday's prompt choices were sweater weather and/or new year, new color, an untried. I combined both in the beautiful ILNP Sweater Weather that I got for my birthday. Sweater Weather reminds of the holos that Zoya currently has, except that SW's holo is finer and almost linear.




Sunday was another prompt for that IG, this prompt being snow and ice, which was so appropriate for the weather we had. I think winter is finally here lol. It was just so sloppy and miserable on Sunday. The base was a gradient of KBShimmer Lo and be Bold and DIFFERENT dimension Heavenly Waters. The snow and snowflakes are from Chez Delaney Xmas 001 and UberChic 1-03, stamped in MdU silver white. Heavenly Waters is a holo, but you can't see it because, again, lighting =\





Last week's #watermarblepracticewed prompt was, like everything else, was New Year's. I used KBShimmer Pt Young Thing for my base, and Color Club Beyond and Nail Envy for the marble. This was the first time I've marbled with a holo, and I like the result. I did have to work a little faster, since holos tend to dry faster. I may need to dry some other holos for water marbling :)





Last Tuesday was one of the final 30DoCC prompts of the year. It was icicles. I decided to use a Pixie Dust as the base this time, Zoya Cosmo. The icicles were from Messy Mansion 27, stamped in MdU white.





Last Monday's PAA Mani Monday prompts were silver/gold only and/or negative space. This is what I came up. Both colors are Zoyas, the gold being Kerry, the silver Trixie. The Happy New Year image was from Infinity Nails 79, stamped in MdU silver and gold.





And finally, last Sunday, it was prompts for 30DoCC and the IG challenge. Prompts were gifts/presents. Instead of gifts, I did gift wrapping, because you can't have gifts without gift wrap! The base was OPI Rose to the Ovation. The image was from Sugar Bubbles Special 02, stamped in MdU white.





Gifts/presents Inlinkz-




No comments:

Post a Comment