Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Time to catch up again!



Good morning!

Boy, I'll be happy when summer comes around, and things start slowing down enough at work so I'm not so exhausted on my evenings and weekends. This snowbird season has been insane :P Because of it, I have some catching up do again, so here we go!

Yesterday was PAA Mani Monday, and the one prompt I chose to do was orange. I combined it with an IG challenge that I'm taking part in. The orange is DIFFERENT dimension Witch and Famous, which I had been wanting since I first saw it. The IG challenge prompt I combined with dotticure. I didn't do a true dotticure, but stamped it with an image from UberChic 1-03 and MdU lime. At least I kept it from looking Halloweeny or fallish!




Nothing for the weekend, and that was a good thing because I put my second Helmer together and managed to bang up my hands in doing so XD. Friday's mani has been posted already, so one to last Thursday's! 

I made a decision recently to seriously work on my gradients. I have had a few turn out spectacular, but most don't. This one falls under those that don't, lol, mostly because one of my colors didn't want to build nicely. Colors used were all China Glaze- White on White, In the Near Fuchsia, and My Way or the Highway.



If My Way or the Highway had covered better, I think this would have looked nicer.

For last week's #watermarblepracticewed prompt, the prompt was incorporate dots. Easy peasy. I started with a base of China Glaze White on White. My marble was created with China Glaze colors also- Secret Peri-Wink-Le and Bahamian Escape. The dots were Boho Blues.




Okay, last Tuesday's mani combined two challenge prompt, blue and emoji, and here's what I came up with. The yellow base is Morgan Taylor Doo Wop, which wasn't too bad to work with. I only needed three coats of it for this mani. Now, the only plate I could find I have with anything close to emoji was Bundle Monster plate 304. I stamped the image in MdU sky blue.




I skipped out on doing last Monday's PAA Mani Monday prompt, and did an IG challenge prompt, in love with pink. Another gradient, this one using OPI colors- Mod About You, Suzi has a Swede Tooth, and Spare me a French Quarter?. Unfortunately, SV decided to smear or pick up color on a few nails -_-




Stamping Sunday's mani also had a gradient base that I should have left as is, because the stamping didn't show up very well. Colors used were also OPI- That's Hula-rious! and I'm sooo Swamped. The stamping image came from Loja BBF 19, stamped in MdU bones.




That Friday's mani was posted already, so on to that Thurday's! This was a combined challenge mani, prompts being magic and unicorn. The gradient I created for the base was pretty damn magical, in my opinion lol. I think it was my first time doing a holo gradient, too. The holos I used were ILNP Pixie Dust and You're my Boy, Blue. The stamped images were from Nail Ways A-NW00012 and Vivid Lacquer 019, stamped in MdU white.




The #watermarblepracticewed prompt for that week was water spotting, something I haven't been real successful with, but I decided to give it another go. That gorgeous periwinkle base is ninezero February 2016. For the spotting, I used Wet 'N Wild Black Creme.




That Tuesday, the challenge prompt I did was food I love. I love food in general, lol, but especially desserts. Specifically, my husband's cookies, so that was the inspiration for this mani. Colors used were Zoya Spencer, Taylor, and Emilia, in a Saran Wrap mani and dotting.




And, finally, something a little racy! PAA Mani Monday for that week had a dry brush prompt as one of the choices. I combined that with an IG challenge prompt of hot and spicy. My dry brush mani was created using all OPI colors- 

Alpine Snow
I'm sooo Swamped
Rich Girls and Po-Boys
I Manicure for Beads
Black Onyx

The stamped images are from the naughty plate that MdU sells, stamped in MdU white.

No comments:

Post a Comment