Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sangria, anyone?

So, for today's Pink Mani, I wanted to try something a bit. I'd seen this suggested a few times along with some nice looking pics: layering different colors of Shatter. Since I finally have two colors, Blank and Silver, I gave it a whirl.

I started off with my absolutely favorite pink polish in the world, OPI's Santiago Sangria. Sadly, it hasn't been available for years. Mine's almost out, so I'll have to look to Ebay again to get. This was, like, the second OPI color I'd ever bought. I get so many compliments when I wear it.




I topcoated over my second layer of SS, so it would dry faster. Dry is the key when using Shatter. Then I added one layer of Silver Shatter and topcoated that. Before long, I'm gonna have to get a second bottle of Silver, I'm using it so much lol!





The Silver I applied like you normally would polish: cuticle to tip. Once it was dry, I applied the Black Shatter side to side to create more depth, then two layers of topcoat. I'm really pleased how this mani came out, and can't wait to finally get other colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment