Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stupid Blogger.......

Looks like Blogger ate my post that I had all set last Friday. So, here we go, again >.> I'll redo Friday's post and go on to today's.

For last Friday, I had posted about my latest layering mani. I used OPI's Suzi Says Feng Shui and Sea Ya Later Sailor! I first did two coats of Suzi Says, which was completely opaque in 2 coats, without any streaking.




Then, I applied 2 coats of Sailor. I prolly could have left it at one, but I wanted a little more shimmer. The resulting color was so much prettier than I thought it would be. It reminds alot of a doll hair color that I've used. Yes, I dabble in customizing dolls ._.






After reading about the Summer collection that Fingerpaints has available, thanks to Chloe's Nails, I went out and picked up Outta Sight Orange and Psychedelic Sunshine. First thing I noticed was the consistency differences between the two. Orange is a nice, workable formula while the yellow is...... gross. Thick, goopy, hard to work with. I added 3-4 drops of lacquer thinner...... maybe half a dozen times to try and thin it out. That worked a little, but it's still quite thick. I love the color but I doubt I'll use it much because it is a pain. I did a pedi with Sunshine, and it didn't turn out so well.


This past Sunday, hubby and I went to see the new Pirates of the Carribean. In honor of that, I wore OPI's Sparrow me the Drama and Silver Shatter. I didn't take a pic because I'm sure most of you know what those two look like by now lol.

Now, for today's mani. I'm a day early with my pink mani, but I think that's ok :P I kept it pretty simple this week, just the polish and a bit of nail art. I chose OPI's Do You Think I'm Tex-y? Now, I know alot of people have a problems with the sorbets from the Texas line and regret buying them, ect. All I can say is, why buy something and not read up on it a little? They're not difficult to use, they're meant to look a little sheer. This color reminds me of watermelon, especially after 3 coats, which is what I did.






1 comment:

  1. So simple but cute. And it's Wednesday where I am so you're all good.

    ReplyDelete