Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ever have........

One of those manis that just wouldn't turn out the way you wanted it? Yeah, that was me yesterday. The mani I had planned for my first Pink Wednesday in about a month is not the one I'm about to post. I had pictured in my head a pretty pink and white striped matte mani......... What I got was a mess. I had done my two coats of Alpine Snow and SV first, then cut up pieces of Scotch tape to make the stripes. Holy heck, I had so much bleed through, it was ridiculous. So I took all that off and started over, this time using just the pink. This is two coats of Ate Berries in the Canaries, which is just a perfect transitional pink.







Then I topped it off with two coats of Essie's Matte About You. Why two? Well, after looking at my nails with just one, I could see that it wasn't entirely even. A second coat covered much better, plus it gave it a satiny feel. Please ignore the little white specks, I don't know what they're from and they're not on my nails now (which is odd since I washed my hands before taking those pics >.>).





No comments:

Post a Comment