Monday, August 22, 2011

Holo-nesssssssss

I wanted to try out one of my new holos from Color Club that I got last month after my fall. I had gotten Fashion Addict and Revvvolution, both of which came highly recommended. Fashion Addict received the honor of going on my tips Saturday. By the time I finished this mani Saturday evening, it was dark and stormy out, so I took all my pics Sunday morning. Now, there are alot, because the sun was playing hide and seek with the clouds. I'll post them all so you can see how the polish looks, but I have no indoor pics :P

I started with 2 coats of OPI's Rumple's Wigglin', so I didn't waste Fashion Addict. I have no pics of that either but I felt it wasn't neccessary. If you want to know what that looks like, just go to my OPI Swatches tab and scroll down to the Purples group. Once Rumple's was dry, without a topcoat (I let it dry naturally), I applied two coats of Fashion Addict and topped with CND's Super Shiney. FA is sooo pretty and easy to work with. I could have been fine with one coat, but I wanted to really show. Also, this is day 3 with this mani, and with the exception of a tiny chip on my right hand middle finger, Super Shiney is holding up very well. It could dry a little faster, but then I got spoiled with Seche.

On to the pics! The first group was taken with more cloud cover than the others.







You can see the holo better in the rest of the pics, but I will tell you, FA is a subtle holo. That works for me, but I know some like a holo that's ver in your face. The only way I was able to achieve was when I turned on my desk lamp, which is halogen, when held my hand under that lol. Aside from that, it's subtle and not real easy to catch on camera.














1 comment: