Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm baaaaaack!

Hello, hello everyone!! I am back!

I graduated my nail tech course on Tuesday with flying colors. I honestly can't express just how much I enjoyed the experience, or how much I feel that I really accomplished something. It's an amazing feeling and one I wouldn't trade. I also met some pretty awesome people that I hope I can have around for years to come.

During the last month and half/ two months, I was, of course, buying polish (prolly when I shouldn't have, ooops :P). One of the perks of going to school was getting a student ID for pro beauty supplies, which is how I obtained most of what I'm about to show you.

This first group are the OPIs.


Left to right, they are: Fresh Frog of Bel-Air, Unfor-greta-bly Blue, I Think In Pink, Every Month is Oktoberfest, Isn't That Precious?. Bogota Blackberry, and The "It" Color.

Next are the China Glazes:


Left to right, they are: Adventure Red-y. Deviantly Daring, Sweet Hook, Electra Magenta, Winter Berry, and Unpredictable.

The third group are the Zoyas:


Left to right: Lotus, Song, Frida, paloma Robyn, Kristen, Charisma, Elisa, Fei Fei, Suri, and Nimue.

Last but not least are some randoms:


Jessica Love Potion and Ruby Red, on each end, Sinful Colors Slate and Clementine, and Color Club Secret Rendezvous, Get a Clue, and Sheer Disguise.

I do intend to show swatches of these at some point, most likely on the appropriate swatch page. If it's possible for me, with the newer colors, I'll show more than one of them together. Tonight I'm gonna show you the two colors from OPI's Germany collection, Every Month is Oktoberfest and Unfor-greta-ably Blue.

I have to be honest here, I was rather underwhelmed by this collection. The colors are very pretty, but most of them just aren't for me. The only ones I wanted are the two I got. I have to say, though, that's I'm pretty happy with them. They both covered nicely with just two coats. EMIO I know for a fact doesn't stain; I've worn it twice already and had no problems with taking it off. I wore Greta for the first time today and have yet to take it of, but I'm expecting it to be a Smurfy mess.

Here are my pics, Oktoberfest first.


 




I used both top and basecoats in these pics. As you can, it's just beautiful. Up next is Greta.




Ok, I love this color, but I'm pretty positive it's a close dupe for Swimsuit... Nailed It! from the Miss Universe collection. I'll prolly do a dupe post with those two soon.

So there you have it! I'm glad to back and able to post more.


No comments:

Post a Comment