Saturday, December 6, 2014

Less than a month left in the year!



Good afternoon!

Boy, this year has certainly flown by; I can't believe it's already December! I guess that means I've had a busy year XD It doesn't really feel like it has been, well, at least no busier than usual, I suppose lol. Work has been busy, though, which has kept me posting to just once a week, so I have a week's worth of manis to show y'all :)

Let's start with Textured Friday's offering. I used three coats of the pretty purple Zoya Thea for my base, and stamped over with present images from Winstonia's Merry Christmas plate and MdU silver.








Thursday's mani was bright and festive, using a bright summer creme and a mixed sized circle glitter. The creme was Wait 'N Sea from China Glaze (which stained my nails upon removal) and the glitter was Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree from Candy Lacquer. Because of the glitter, I needed two coats of Seche to smooth it out.

Sadly, only one of my pics came out decent -_-




I regard Wednesday's mani as something of a fail. It certainly didn't come out how I pictured in my head, I think I should have used a different base or something. Anyways, it was 2 coats of Zoya Celine and a single coat of Finger Paints' Hollywood Decadence. HD is very similar to OPI's More Than a Glimmer. It dries matte just like Glimmer does, but I added a matte coat to my mani anyways.







In one of on the groups I'm in, on FB, this week's challenge was a radial gradient. There aren't many tutorials on it, but I recalled seeing a pic weeks ago of one. How I did mine was this:

I started with a white base, Zoya Purity, which got topcoated. On a makeup sponge, I made a dot of Purity, then circled it with Zoya Prim. I then sponged it onto my nail, going over it as many times as it needed, twice for this mani. I almost stamped over after I topped again, but I decided against it.

I was really on the fence about this mani, but I think with practice, I could get the hang of this particular style gradient.






Last week or the week before, I don't remember which, I received two new polishes from I Love Nail Polish. One of them I've already worn, Champagne Blush. The other, Black Orchid, I paired with one of their multichromes, Undenied, for Monday's mani. Two coats each, then topcoat.

The first three pics are direct sun, the other two shade.











No comments:

Post a Comment