Monday, March 16, 2015

Getting there!



Good afternoon! Did y'all have a good weekend? Mine wasn't bad, busy with cleaning and stuff, nothing special.

At the time of this post, I have just a small basket left of untrieds to get through. As in, less than 20! Yay! Of course, that can change any time, but not until next month with Zoya's much anticipated Earth day promo. I think nearly every mani I have for today's post are untrieds, so enjoy!

Let's start with last Tuesday's mani, which I know for sure were untrieds. It was just 3 coats each of Zoya Leah and Ana. I know many people have complained about the formula of the Satins, but I find that they aren't much different from the Matte Velvets.







Wednesday featured not only a new color, but a new plate too. I'm a little disappointed with how this mani turned out, but it was mostly error on my part. I should have used undies with ILNP Atlantis, but I wanted to see what it looked like on its own. Because of that, it appears that I have chipping/tip wear when I actually did not. Also, my stamping didn't show up because the color I used to stamp with wasn't bright enough. The plate I used, Bundle Monster BM-718, stamped beautifully, though.

I also had a hard time capturing the beauty of Atlantis, but these are the pics I have.







Thursday wasn't new colors so much as a new technique that's been taking the nail art community by storm. I first read about it last month, but only just got to try Sharpie marbling. I don't know why I waited so long, it's incredibly easy to do and fun. You literally can not screw it up, unless you completely take off your work lol.

Most people start with a white, or light, base, which I did. My base was 2 coats of Zoya Purity, then topped with Seche. I let that dry, and then scribbled on that with one of my chosen Sharpie colors. I dabbed it with a brush moistened with 91% rubbing alcohol until I got the effect I wanted. My first color was lighter than I wanted, so I added another, and was happy with it.

I then stamped over it with images from BP-34 from bornprettystore. I had to have this plate when I saw it. My camera freaked out a little over the stamping color, which was MdU neon orange. Over that went a coat of Seche.








For Textured Friday, I used the very last "new" Pixie Dust I had waiting, Zoya Destiny. It still makes me very sad that Zoya has discontinued the Pixie Dust line; I own all of them, and love each of them.

This was 2 coats of Destiny.






Wow, didn't realize that my pics make it look like I'm wearing two different colors O.o Truly, it's Destiny in both, must have been the angle or something, because all I did was try to sharpen the first one.

Stamping Sunday's theme this week was, of course, St. Patrick's day nails. I did up another Sharpie marble, this time over Morgan Taylor's All White Now. The stamped images were from Messy Mansion MM03 and light gold from MdU.








I was aiming for a St. Patrick's themed water marble for today, but it fell a little short. The gold, unsurprisingly, didn't come through, but I still like it. The base is Zoya Purity, the marbling colors are Zoya Tilda and Brooklyn, Seche, then Zoya's matte coat.







No comments:

Post a Comment