Monday, March 23, 2015

Everything is coming up roses!



Good evening!

So, it is officially spring here in SWFL, even though most of up north is still experiencing winter weather. I'm kinda jealous of that, winter didn't last long at all here. There are many times I wished further north :P

The first mani I want to show you I'm quite proud of. It was for a Monkey See Monkey Do challenge for Advanced Nail Stamping. I had a hard time picking one to copy; there were several I loved, but I decided on this one:




I don't know the specifics of ^^^that mani, as far as colors and stamping plates used, so I pretty much winged it. I started with a base of OPI's Alpine Snow, then a coat of Seche. The closest colors I have for the water marble were, I thought, OPI's In My Back Pocket and I Just Can't Cope-cabana.

My butterflies came from Messy Mansion MM42, stamped with MdU black. For the glitter, I used Zoya Alma and a dotting tool. Everything was topped again with Seche.









This week's Stamping Sunday theme was purple and orange. This was tricky, because unless you're really into Halloween (I'm not, not like a lot of people I know lol), purple and orange can end up looking very Halloweeny. 

I chose to keep my base colors light; I used Zoya Dillon with Zoya Hudson for accents. Over the Hudson accents, I stamped an Easter image from Bundle Monster BM-H08 and MdU orange, and finished with Seche.

I actually didn't really care for this mani, but a lot people on IG seemed to like it lol. 








Textured Friday was an oldie, but a goodie. Zoya Arabella graced my nails.








Thursday's mani was another Easter-y one. The base for this one was a new to me yellow, Morgan Taylor's Ahead of the Game. Now, I love this yellow. It has a subtle silver shimmer that adds depths to it. The formula isn't great, since it is yellow, but it's not horrible either. My base was three coats, followed by a coat of Seche. My ring and middle fingers served as accents, and received a sponging of Candy Lacquer's Candy Confetti. The others were stamped over with Messy Mansion mm08 and MdU white. Everything was topped with Seche again.







Wednesday was a matte flakie kind of a day. I chose a vampy red for my base, Zoya Mikka. I received Mikka as a GWP, and I like it :) My flakie of choice was KBShimmer's Rainbow Shield. A coat of Seche, then a coat of Wet 'N Wild matte topcoat.







And now, my simple but pretty St. Patrick's mani. Colors used were Zoya Sage and Tomoko.







No comments:

Post a Comment