Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring has sprung!



At least here in Florida it has! I think we've seen the last of winter as of last week =\ I'm not ready for the warm weather we've been having, but hey, what can you do?

Good evening! I hope you made through your Monday. Mine was rather busy, and with the cursed time change, I'm tired lol. I needed to get this post up before I decide to go to call it a night. Here we go!

Today's mani was inspired by this pretty green top I have that I got at Macy's. Let tell you, this top is more green in person than what it shows on the site. However, ^^^that pic is more what my mani should have been inspired by :P Either way, I love how it turned out.

The base color wsa 2 coats of Colors by Llarowe Thriller. I only just got this in the last few weeks; I really regretted not getting it when it was first released. Sadly, though, I think the Michael Jackson tribute collections are discontinued because they are no longer listed on the site. Glad I got it when I did! Stamped over Thriller were images from my FUN 14 plate and Mundo de Unas black. Seche to seal it.







The challenge for Stamping Sunday this week was black and white. For my base, I applied three coats of Morgan Taylor's All White Now. In spite of needing three coats, this white is pretty nice. Applied right, you could do just two coats. It's not horribly streaky or patchy, or too thick. The black was Color Club's Beyond, the image from Born Pretty Store bp-15. I'm a little impressed with how nicely this plate stamped, considering my first plate were from BPS, and they were crap.







A few weeks ago, I picked up a new to me texture from Formula X for Sephora. I recall hearing about a texture collection from them last year, but, since I live an hour from the closest Sephora, I never followed up on it. I found Galaxy in a destash sale and snapped it. It applied a little thick, but was opaque and gritty (lol) in two coats. I know my pics make it look black, but it's actually navy blue, and it stains a little. The gold sparkle in the bottle doesn't translate to the nail.






Thursday's mani was bright and fun, at least to me. It reminded my very of some the clothes I wore in 90's :P You could say it was Throwback Thursday mani. Anywas, the base was three coats of OPI's You Are So Outta Lime!, which was layered over 2 coats of OPI's Put a Coat On!. Over Lime went a coat of Salon Perfect's Rogh Around the Edges, then two coats of Seche.






I think Wednesday's mani has got to be my most favorite mani, ever. It's rather simple, no nail art at all, but it's just so gorgeous. The base was three coats of KBShimmer's Low and Be Bold, which is just.... wow. I don't have a blue even like this, and I have a lot of blues. The closest would have to be Nails, Inc. Baker Street, and it's more cobalt. It's nowhere near as vibrant as this. It's almost crelly like its formula, which is why it needed three coats. Over this beauty went two coats of Dark Matter, also from KBShimmer, then a coat of Seche, then Wet 'N Wild's matte topcoat.








Tuesday was another mani featuring KBShimmer, this one Funky Cold Patina. This crelly is so awesome! First, I just love the name. Funky Cold Patina= Funky Cold Medina :) Second, THAT COLOR!! Such a beautiful turquoise. Love! Formula was easy to work with; I needed three coats, but that was more user error than anything else.

I almost stamped over this, to make it more turquoise stone like, but I ran out of time that night. Seche smoothed it out nicely.






No comments:

Post a Comment