Good evening and happy Monday! Did y'all have a great weekend? Mine was extremely uneventful, truly; I didn't really do much of anything, and only went to get the windows tinted on my car :) That's really just it.
I'm steadily working through my untrieds, and nearly all of the manis I'm about to show you feature untrieds, starting with today's. The base color is Zoya Suzanne, which I received as a gift with purchase from Zoya with one of my last orders.
Suzanne is pretty, dusty rose pink with a brighter pink shimmer. It's not my usual cup of tea, but I like how it looks on the nail. It only needed two coats for opacity, followed by a coat of Seche. I stamped over it using Essie Penny Talk and two different images from VL-4. Two because the image on the other four fingers was too narrow for my thumbs, and Penny Talk dried too fast for me to stretch it. Seche to top it off.
I participated in yesterday's Stamping Sunday challenge, which was themed better than Jamberry. I was also able to pair this with another group challenge, over a neon base. Here is the Jamberry I chose to improve:
My base color was two coats of Morgan Taylor's Shock Therapy over two coats of MT's All White Now. I really could have done with 3 of Shock Therapy, especially if I hadn't stamped over it. Thumbs and rings coat a coat of ILNP's Phoenix, then all a coat of Seche. The rest were stamped over with an image from VL-3 and MdU silver, and another coat of Seche.
I wasn't really happy with how Textured Friday's mani turned out, even though many people seemed to like it on Instagram :P The base was two coats of Zoya Tove, which applied beautifully. The screw up came with the Pixie Dust; it just didn't gradient as nicely as I wanted it to. I used Zoya Nyx for the gradient.
Thursday was a matte flakie kind of day. The base was two coats of OPI Dutch Tulips (I can't believe I didn't have this until a few weeks ago), followed by a coat of Maybelline Colorama Ruby Rays, then a coat of OPI's matte topcoat.
Wednesday was a flakie day, too, combined with color blocking. The base was 2 coats of Zoya Wenesday. My accents were my index and ring fingers, and the got a coat of Zoya Maisie. The others got blocked with Zoya Zuzu, using Scotch tape to create it. Everything wsa topped with Seche.