Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Summer fun!



Good afternoon! Whew, it's a sweltering day here x.x One of those afternoons that you wish you could sit in a cool pool with a cool drink. Summer is definitely here!

Summer also hit my nails pretty well this last week. Several brightly colored manis with summery themes. I'm quite proud with how most of them turned out. Shall we take a look?

I think today's is my absolute best Saran Wrap mani to date. I love how easy they are, and they're not real messy. This mani was one of the prompts for the 52 Week Pick N Mix Challenge; I'll be doing the other later in the week. I started with a base of China Glaze White on White (all colors are China Glaze, actually). The first color on was UV Meant to Be, second was (what I believe is a mislabeled as Are You Jelly?) Beach Cruise-r, third and final color was Liquid Leather. SV to seal it.





Inlinkz to other bloggers:





Yesterday's mani I feel like was a fail. It was my first time doing a waterfall mani. I've seen so many pretty ones, and I wanted to try it as my submission for the 30 Days of Colour Challenges prompts (monochromatic and/or matte). I don't think it's horrible, I just didn't care for it much. The colors and matte topcoat I used are all from Zoya. Layla was the base, pretty color by the way. Binx, Eden, Nana, and Margo were used to create the waterfall look.





Inlinkz for the others:





Okay, I am ridiculously happy with Monday's mani. It was the prompts for PAA Mani Monday, white and silver only and/or roses. My base was Zoya Genesis. Now, I got that collection last month; in fact, it showed up the day I had say goodbye to my Merlyn. I was gonna try to go to work the next day, so I did up my nails with Genesis. I determined then that it needed thinner the next time. The formula reminded me very much of China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around. It was thick, but patchy even after three coats.

Thinner went into it before applying it, and that seemed to help. I still needed three coats, though. Genesis is a gorgeous color, so I'll put up with it. Last week, I got my new UberChic plates, and I knew what image I wanted to use in this mani. I'm astonished at how well the rose stamped. It's from UC 1-02, stamped in MdU silver.





Stamping Sunday's challenge was summer nails. Nothing says summer to me more than bright colors, sunglasses, tropical flowers, and fruity drinks. I created a water marble using Zoya Shelby, Ling, Arizona, and Wednesday for my base. The stamped images were from the Bundle Monster Sunkissed collection, 507 and 508. The stamping polishes were MdU tutti, navy, and lime.





Friday was another mani for the 30DoCC. The prompts for were purple and/or Sharpie marbling. I think mine turned out pretty cool. Color Club's Diggin' the Dancing Queen served as the base, with the color Valley Girl in a Sharpie marbled over it. This was another mani I used an UberChic plate for, this time UC 1-01. Also used MdU tutti for it.





Inlinkz for these prompts:





Thursday was a rather tame day. It was just Zoya Apple on my nails. I was surprised to see that it wasn't too yellow for me. This was 3 coats.





And lastly, last Wednesday was another offering for the 52WPNMC. The prompts were pink and lilac and/or roses. My pink and lilac watercolor was a fail, to me. They were OPI's Sparrow me the Drama and Planks a Lot. The roses were FUN 14 in MdU violet.




And Inlinkz:




No comments:

Post a Comment