Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The heat is on!



Good afternoon!

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day, if you celebrated it, and/or a great first day of summer! I think Mother Nature took that as her cue to kick up the heat here, because I'm about to die, it's so hot and humid x.x

Let's get caught up on manis :) Today's mani is for one of this week's prompt for the 52 WPNMC, scales. This was pretty broad, as it could mean scaly creatures or musical scales. I chose the scaly creatures, as I don't have a stamping plate with musical scale images on it.

My base was Zoya Marion, from their latest mystery trio. The color is similar to OPI's Next Stop....Bikini Zone, but isn't quite the same. I stamped over that with an image from Messy Mansion MM21, in Essie Penny Talk. The stamping is more subtle than I intended.




Inlinkz:




I'll be doing the other prompt, navy, later in the week.

I combined Stamping Sunday's prompt, large flowers, with a prompt for the PAA Mani Monday, summer. Here's what I came up with. I sponged Morgan Taylor's in Making Waves, Go For the Glow, Watt Yel-lookin' At?, and Pink Flame-ingo over All White Now. Neons= summer. I stamped large flowers from Messy Mansion MM20 in MdU black over that. Ta-da!



For Sunday, I took the easy way for the 30DoCC. The prompts for that day were red and/or pond mani. I simply did a red mani with Zoya Demetria and Aphrodite.




Inlinkz:





Saturday, I had some running around to do and a family thing to go to in th afternoon, so I did up my nails :) Used OPI neons and a Sally Hansen matte glitter. Hotter Than You Pink and My Car Has Navy-gation over Put a Coat On!, with Eyelet over HTYP.




Last Friday's mani was the other prompt for last week's 52 WPNMC, glitter. The base color is Zoya Violet, another from their latest mystery trio. On accents, I sponged Candy Lacquer Unicorn Bubbles (which I regretted using upon removal lol).




Inlinkz:





Last Thursday's mani was a surprise like for me. It was 30DoCC mani, the prompts being texture/geometric. I haven't had any new texture polishes to share lately, until I came across someone purging her stash and kindly sending out polishes to those that asked for them. She had three of the China Glaze textures, the ones that were cremes, not glitters. I figured, why not?

I never like any of the "popcorn ceiling" textures in the swatches I saw online, so I was very surprised that I liked the one I used for this mani, which was Of Coarse!. The geometric pattern is from Pet'la Geomatrix, stamped in MdU neon green.




Inlinkz:




No comments:

Post a Comment