Thursday, July 21, 2011

A new Crackle Glaze

I was finally able to really get out and about last weekend after my fall. Had the hubs take me to do some errands, one of which was going to Sally's. They had the new China Glaze Crackle Glazes, yay! I've been loving the shimmery, metallic Shatters/Crackles so much. I only got Latticed Lilac, since gold/bronze/copper do not look good on me, I didn't want Oxidized Aqua (although it is pretty), and they were out of Haute Metal already. Here's the mani I came up with for Pink Wednesday.

I started with 2 coats of OPI's The One That Got Away and topcoated with SV. These are all outdoor shots; sorry for the first set being more shadowy than the second. I was impatient on waiting for the sun to clear the treeline in my yard, lol.


I prolly could have done 3 coats to cover the "bald" spots, but I didn't think that was neccesary since I was gonna apply the Crackle.






Then I just applied one coat of Latticed Lilac and topcoated again with SV. I really like how nicely it applied, but you do need to apply it like Silver Shatter: polish needs to be totally dry, which means using a topcoat in between if you're impatient. Remember to keep the pressure even; you can tell where I didn't on a few of mine. That will keep it from crackling evenly if you don't.






2 comments:

  1. Looks great. Not a combo I would think would work but it really really does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah, I did a quick swatch of this combo before deciding to do a full mani with it. I'm gonna have to see what other colors Latticed Lilac looks good with.

    ReplyDelete