Friday, December 2, 2011

Last 2 Challenges, Yay!

Good morning! I've been rather busy since my last post, but I managed to get the last two challenges, as well as a mani for today that I will post later or tomorrow. You'll have to bear with me on the pics; it seems to be the year that things break or just stop working, the latest being my camera. I took these with my phone and they're not bad, but I'm hoping to borrow my parents' camera until I can get a new one xD.

Let's start with challenge #23, inspired by a movie. This one really was a challenge for me; I had the damnedest time deciding which movie to do then having the time to sit and watch it. I had picked one but changed my mind at the last minute to The Devil Wears Prada. My base color comes from the scene where Anne Hathaway's character is being told just how she come to own her cerulean sweater. According to Miranda, it was utimately inspired by a collection of cerulean gowns designed by Ralph Lauren in 2002. My color choice was Frostbite from China Glaze, which is pretty close Imo.

After that, I just painted a few brands' logos that were mentioned throughout the movie: Calvin Klein, Chanel, and Dolce and Gabana. I'll tell you one thing, it's not easy painting letters on a nail lol.











Now, the last challenge was to recreate your favorite one. Originally, I was going to a water marble, but then I saw earlier this week that Dec. 1 is OPI's National Day of Glitter, lol. So, I went with glitter instead, but did something different from the original challenge: a glitter gradient! I've seen a few and they are just pretty and sparkly.

My base color for this was 2 coats of OPI's Give Me the Moon, then I sponged on Simmer and Shimmer. These pics truly don't do it justice!








No comments:

Post a Comment