Sunday, August 4, 2013

Something of a fail...... maybe.....?

Good evening!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I did :) I got to hang with a dear friend and squash a lemming :)

I have two manis to show y'all tonight, today's Stamping Sunday challenge and Friday's mani. Let's start with Stamping Sunday, the theme called for using a plate that ended in the number 8. Ok, cool, no problem! I found one I liked and my idea took shape.

I started with 2 coats of Zoya Sarah as my base and topped with Seche. Sarah is a gorgeous, in my opinion, strawberry red, which was perfect for the plate I wanted to use, Winstonia 118. This is where I ran into trouble. Winstonia's full nail images don't fit my thumbs, so I planned on using a different plate with a strawberry image for them. I got all my other fingers done and went to do my thumbs.......... And my stampers wouldn't pick up the image on my Shany plate. So yeah, my thumbs weren't done >.< I topped the other fingers with Northern Lights, which smeared my images a little. Couldn't win with this one but I'll show you anyways.





Friday's mani was much better, lol, and very easy. Simply, I used my only untried (besides swatching) Zoya Pixie Dust, Miranda. Miranda is a pretty, rose pink with a formula similar to Zoya Chyna. I only needed two coats for even opacity, although it took forever to dry. In my opinion, Miranda is a great transitional color into fall colors, since it's not as bright as the other Summer PDs.






No comments:

Post a Comment