Friday, August 30, 2013

Texture Friday

Good evening!


Sooooooooo...... I've been rather lazy this week with blogging :P I have no real excuse for it, other than just plain laziness lol. Let's get started with my new feature, Texture Friday.

I decided that I wanted to feature some kind of textured mani, since I've so many to chose, and quite a few that I haven't worn yet. Today, I wore a texture look that I know most everyone got sick of, but I still love, the crackled/shattered look. The very last one I bought was Shatter the Scales from last year's Spiderman collex from OPI.

This is only the second time I've used this particular Shatter. I layered it over two coats of My Boyfriend Scales Walls, also from the Spiderman collex, with a coat of Seche in between and over all. I don't think I've done this combo, but I could be wrong :P








Alrighty! Wednesday's mani featured a polish that I believe was inspired by the many indie polishes using the same glitter, Maybelline's Color Show in Drops of Jade from the little Polka Dots collection.

It's a green jellyish base with black and white matte glitters in various sizes. While I love that mainstream companies are catching on, this collection could use fine tuning. I found the formula hard to work with, especially if you don't use undies. After two coats, it's a bitch to apply.

For my mani, I layered 2 coats of Drops of Jade over 1 coat of Mermaid's Tears from OPI. Even though I was generous with the Gelous, it prolly could have used another coat before the Seche.








Last but not least, is Monday's mani, another stamped Marilyn Monroe mani :) I received some new plates from Mo You UK with MM images, and let me tell you, they stamp ah-mazingly well! I can't wait to get my next order and to order more, they're that awesome. I highly recommend you check them!

For this mani, I started with 2 coats of OPI's French Quater for Your Thoughts (I'm soooo ready for fall!) with a coat of Seche over it. My stamped images were from Mo You's Rebel plates 02 and 03, and Mundas de Unas Handy 39, in Sinful Colors Black on Black and Sally Hansen Insta-dri Quick Brick. Topped with Seche then OPI Matte Topcoat.







No comments:

Post a Comment