Thursday, June 26, 2014

Another first!



Good afternoon!

I enjoy learning and using new nail art techniques. Sometimes, my attempts turn out well, sometimes not so nice lol. June's Monthly Palette Project called for peacock colors:



Totally perfect for me, I love these colors. The challenge was to use them in color blocking. Color blocking is a new technique to me. It's not difficult, but is time consuming.

For this mani, all colors used were Morgan Taylor. The base colors were Take me to Your Tribe on accents and Varsity Jacket Blues on the rest. The blocking colors were  Making Waves, Going Native, and Gotta Have Hue. Blocking was created using striping tape I got from Ebay. Topped with Seche, then matted with Mattes a Wrap.

I don't think it was too bad for my first attempt :)








Wednesday was a simple mani. I'm all about rose gold; it's tied with white metals for my favorite metallic look. All I used for yesterday was 2 coats of Candy Lacquer Precious Metal and a coat of Seche. I keep forgetting there's a subtle linear holo to this color lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment