Monday, October 27, 2014

I'm still here!



Good evening!

I've just had a super busy week/end, and haven't had a chance to stay caught up. Let's get right to it! I've got a lot I want to show off :)

Today was National Breast Cancer Day; of course, I did up a pink mani. Not quite what I wanted to do, but my back had other plans for me last night. I was just happy to not go to work today with naked nails lol. It was simple, just two coats of Zoya Star and a coat of Sally Hansen Glass Slipper, with a coat of Seche. Simple, pretty, and pink!








Alrighty, now I vote for yesterday's Stamping Sunday, but I was unfortunately able to take part. The theme called for spooky and scary, and I didn't think that would fly too well for the church function I attended yesterday :P I did, however, opt for a a Halloween look that went over very well.

I created a candy corn gradient, using Zoya Thandie, Darcy, and Purity, over 2 coats of Purity. Topped with Seche, then matted with Zoya's new matte topcoat. First, I absolutely love this new matte coat! It's just fab! Second, everyone just loved this mani. Third, my pics make it look waaaay brighter than it really was (at least to me).







Friday's textured look was a fail, in my opinion, but I'll show it anyways. Up on their site, Zoya has a fall trend guide with some really pretty ideas. I decided I wanted to give this one a try, using similar colors. I picked Margo for my base and Arabella for the gradient. Margo itself was gorgeous and easy to apply, only needing 2 coats for opacity. I matted it, then got to work on the gradient.

Yeah, that didn't quite turn out how I thought it would. Pretty sure that's user error >.< You be the judge.








For Thursday, I redid a mani that I had done either last year or the before, Halloween goggly eyes. This particular idea seems to be really popular this year, because it seems like I'm seeing it everywhere. That's kinda why I wanted to do it, and because I don't think my first attempt was very good.

All this mani was, was 2 coats of Zoya Black Swan, eyes created first using Purity and a dotting tool, then Black Swan again with a smaller sized dotting tool. I made sure to wait a bit before topcoating so the eyes didn't smear.








Wednesday was a pink glitter bomb. It started with a base of 1 coat of OPI's Ate Berries in the Canaries, followed by 2 coats of You Glitter be Good to Me!. I believe I used two coats of Seche to smooth it out.

Now, this mani gave me the opportunity to try out the foil method of removing glitter. I must say, I'm very impressed and I now no longer fear glitter bombs!







Tuesday, I finally got to do a Monthly Palette Project, mostly because there wasn't one post for last month. Here's what we had to work with:


The challenge called for using at least two of the colors and double stamping. I used Zoya Neely as my base color, at three coats. The first stamped image came from Pueen 73 and was stamped in Mundo de Unas high green. The pumpkins came from Messy Mansion MM23 and those were stamped in Mundo de Unas reddish. Everything was topped with Seche.







And, last Monday was a girly, Minnie Mouse mani. The base color was 2 coats of OPI's Suzi has a Swede Tooth. The stamped images came from Sugar Bubbles SB017, Handy 32, and Chez Delaney Divers 001, all stamped in Mundo de Unas black. The glitter is OPI's Minnie Style. Everything topped with Seche.







No comments:

Post a Comment