Saturday, November 15, 2014

Happy Saturday!



Good evening!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! We've got some very pleasant, fall weather here in FL, very different from last year where it didn't seem like we had any. I love not having to have my house closed up all the time :)

Alrighty, I've got a couple manis to show you, the first being a failed Textured Friday mani. The mani itself wasn't the fail, it was the textured polish that's the fail. I'm not sure on the release date, but Color Club recently released their first textured collection, called Seven Deadly Sins. I didn't find them locally, but at a Bed, Bath, and Beyond an hour from where I live. The one that called to me was Obsessed, because it's this gorgeous dark teal that only one other company has created, and they're not quite the same.

I was excited when I saw these, as I was quite willing to try a new textured polish. Sadly, this particular one didn't deliver. It was true to the bottle color, but when it dried, it wasn't textured and only slightly matte. Three coats was needed for evenness and opacity, and because of the lack of texture, I topped it with Seche so I could stamp it. I used Messy Mansion MM21 and Mundo de Unas silver, then applied another coat of Seche to seal it.








I should have gotten a pic before I stamped it, because the color really is gorgeous.

Thursday's mani is one I wanted since I got Zoya Ryan. Ryan is a blackened, blue teal creme. Two coats, one done right, for opacity. Over that, I layered two coats of Zoya Kotori and topped with Seche. When I got outside to take the pics, I fell in love. If you have these two colors, you definitely need to try this for yourself!







Wednesday's mani was a challenge theme for a group I'm in. This week's challenge was to create "better than Jamberry" nails. Jamberrys are nail wraps, and come in a limited variety of colors and patterns. I personally don't see the allure of them, as I love taking the time to create my nails, even if it's a single color or a simple design, especially since a sheet of one time use wraps is $15. 

The design I chose to recreat was this one. The base color of mine was OPI's Love.Angel.Music.Baby at two coats. I added Sinful Colors Pumpkin Spice in something of a subtle glitter gradient. Over that, I sponged OPI's Y'all Come Back, Ya Hear? and sealed it with Seche. 

I don't know if these are better than the original, but they weren't too bad.








No comments:

Post a Comment