Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It's November!



Good afternoon!

Wow, I really can not believe that it's November already O.o It just doesn't feel like it should. I mean, we just celebrated Halloween last week, which I hope everyone had a great time, but man, now it's November. I feel kinda caught off guard for some reason.

Anyways! I have a few manis to show I want to show, featuring a lot of newer colors :) I'll start with today's mani. I have a feeling not everyone will like the color combo, which has a very retro feel (in my opinion), but I don't care :P I like it.

My base color for this mani was 2 coats of Zoya Nyssa. Zoya describes Nyssa as a chocolate brown, but I'm inclined to disagree. On me, it's warmer, almost like a darker caramel color, but again, this is on my skintone. Formula and application are typical of Zoya. I layered 2 coats of Formula X (from Sephora) TNT, which is a cobalt blue, matte hex glitter of mix sizes. I totally recommend sponging this on, instead applying it with the brush, because it seems to clump together around the larger glitters. I needed two coats of Seche to smooth it out.







Alrighty, as you know, I practiced water marbles over the summer, to the point that I finally felt comfortable doing them. I have since moved to improving my gradients, I feel that I really need to improve them. Yesterday's mani was a gradient, using Pantone's color of the year, radiant orchid, tied in with two fall colors.

I used Zoya Purity as the base and topped with Seche. The colors I used for the gradient are also Zoya colors, Ryan, Perrie, and Geneviev. While I love the colors together, I think the gradient needs work lol. I topped with Seche, then matteified with Zoya's matte topcoat.







I actually took part in this week's Stamping Sunday challenge. It called for using white and gold. While I think those colors are very elegant and classy together, I'm still coming around to wearing gold polish. I chose Zoya Ziv as my base, at two coats. The stamped image came from Bundle Monster BM-410 and Mundo de Unas white for the stamping polish. Topped with Seche to finish it.








Now my Halloween mani! Unfortunately, my stupid camera made my pics blurry. I tried to sharpen the second without overdoing it. It started with a base of Zoya Tilda at two coats, the topped with Seche. Using Saran Wrap, I sponged on Zoya Monica, then stamped over that. The bats came from Nailways A-NW00016, stamped in Mundo de Unas black. Topped with Seche, then mattefied with Zoya's matte topcoat.




1 comment: