Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A whole nother galaxy!



Happy hump day! :P

Just like many of you, I'm sure, I'm in several different nail polish/nail art groups on Face Book. A few of them do themed manis, one on a particular day, another with a whole week dedicated to it. Today's mani is for the week long mani, and the theme picked for it was galaxy manis.

Okay, something I've never done before. I've seen many gorgeous galaxy manis, but haven't really attempted it. Watched a few tutorials and felt like I grasped the concept lol. It started with a base color of Zoya Raven in 2 coats, then a coat of Seche. Using little bits of sponge, I layered Zoya's Kotori, Sailor, Yummy, and Blu, in that order, over Raven. I added "stars" in Zoya Purity. Over all that, I layered a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust, then a final coat of Seche. I'm kinda on the fence about my attempt, but hey, it was my first try. Be kind lol.







Yesterday's mani was rather simple, more of a swatching since I didn't put any nail on it. I had picked Morgan Taylor's Sarong but so Right some time ago, but had yet to wear it. I honestly don't know why I waited so long because it's a beautiful color. This was just two coats and a coat of Seche.







I skipped out on the Stamping Sunday challenge, because none of the choices interested me :P I decided to water marble with half of the new Zoya Naturel Deux collection and two from the previous Naturel collection. I'm blown away at well these marbled together. This mani lasted me until I changed it up for Sarong, and I might have gotten another day out of it too. 

The colors used were Brigitte, Marney, Aubrey, Madeline, and Taylor marbled over Purity. A coat of Seche finished it. Pics are of both hands, first left, then right.







1 comment: