Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Scales and lines and things!



Good afternoon! I hope everyone had a great weekend :) Me, not so much, but it wasn't bad either. I've got 3 manis I want to show, two of which feature new polishes.

Now, anyone that knows me, know that there are certain colors that I just avoid. Browns are some, neutrals/nudes are some, golds/bronze/copper are even more. It seems this year I'm stepping out my comfort zone, because I've bought a few golds, almost an entire collection of neutrals/nudes, and recently I picked up a copper.

Copper, to me, is fairly close to rose gold, so it honestly didn't bother me to get it; I only wish I had known about this color sooner because it's so pretty! Early last month, I came across a Zoya color that I had never seen, Tiffany. Not surprising, since I didn't start buying until 2010 or 2011, I think, and I believe Tiffany is discontinued (at least I think it is, since it's not on Zoya's site). Googled it, had to have it.

Tiffany is a coppery colored foil with a gold sparkle to it. I absolutely love. For my mani, I applied 2 coats for opacity, then topped with Seche. I stamped over it with Messy Mansion MM21 and Maybelline Bold Gold, then topped again with Seche. It reminds me of dragon scales :)







And, I don't know, my camera was being really dumb yesterday and today. Half of those pics had this weird, hazy/shadowy look to them -_-

Yesterday, I did up a bright, fun mani using all the creme colors I own from Zoya's Beach collection. On my thumbs and ring fingers, I watermarbled Reagan, Shelby, Wednesday, and Arizona over a coat of Purity. On my index fingers went Reagan, middle fingers were for Arizona, and Wednesday on the pinkies. Pinkies were dotted with Shelby. Index and middle fingers were stamped with Winstonia W106 and Mundo de Unas neon orange and fiusca. Everything was topped with Seche.

I really didn't want to take this off, I loved it so much.







I know that ^^^^ pic looks brighter than the top one. It was another victim of whatever my camera did, and I was just trying to get it show up better, that's all.

Sunday's Stamping Sunday challenge was holographic. Perfect opportunity for me to use my newest indie, Dock of the Bay from Colors by Llarowe. This polish is just all kinds of awesome! It's a nearly one coater, linear holo multichrome. And the color...... Love it! 

For this mani, I applied 2 coats, even though I really could have done with just one, then topped it. Stamped over with Emily de Molly EdM 03 and Mundo de Unas black. Topped again with Seche.

Excuse the awkwardness of the poses, it's my right hand instead of my left because the stamping came out better on that hand, oddly enough.









One last thing: I have a destash sale going on right now! Check it out! Shipping with the US only at this time. Lots of discontinued OPIs and China Glazes.

Elfleidy's Destash

No comments:

Post a Comment