Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Last of the summer colors????



Maybe????

Good afternoon!

So I think I've finally worked through all the summery colors I've had sitting on my desk, waiting to be used :D Not that I'm quite ready for fall colors, more like ready for fall weather though! I'll still be wearing some brights over the next few weeks, but I'll be interspersing more fall like colors.

Today's mani did mark the last of the new summer colors I'd had waiting, or rather current releases. It featured Zoya Rooney and Harper, two coats of each with a coat of Seche. Rooney is a more blue toned pink, but Harper makes it appear warmer. Not quite like Wendy, but noticeably warmer. I tried Harper over Kitridge, and wow, that was a fail lol, so I took it all off and used Rooney instead, and am much happier with the look.







Yesterday, I did a scaled mani for a group challenge. This featured a color from OPI's Mustang Anniversary collection, The Sky's my Limit. I was so wrong about this color being a dupe for Catch me in Your Net!; it's similar, yes, but not a dupe. TSML only needed 2 coats for opacity, whereas CMIYN always needed at least 3 for me. I stamped over it with Messy Mansion MM21 and Mundo de Unas navy blue, and topped everything with Seche.








Sunday's Stamping Sunday challenge called for using a yellow base. I kept this pretty simple, as I had a birthday party for my nephew to go to the day before and didn't have a whole lot of time to do Sunday's mani.

The base color is 3 coats of OPI's I Just Can't Cope-acabana. The stamped image is from Winstonia W206, the stamping polish Mundo de Unas neon. Sadly, I think the neon pink made my yellow look more orange. Seche, then OPI's matte topcoat to finish it off.







And now for the mani I absolutely loved, the one I did for my nephew's birthday. I really didn't have the time to get elaborate, but I really love how it turned out. All fingers got a base of Zoya Purity, the water marbled fingers 2 coats, all others one. Over the one coaters went 3 coats of Above the Curve's Sugar Rush then Seche. The water marble was created with Zoya Malia, Pippa, and Robyn, then topped with Seche. I stamped over the non marbled fingers with balloons from Winstonia  W209 and Mundo de Unas neon blue, neon green, neon yellow, and blue, then a final coat of Seche.










No comments:

Post a Comment