Monday, September 19, 2011

Challenge #9- Rainbow Nails

Title says it all, lol. Using random.org yesterday, I got #9 Rainbow Nails. (For those of you that don't know, I'm doing my own version of a mani challenge. Explanation for it is in my previous post.)

I worry about using too many colorson my nails. Too often I've had polish chip and peel because I had too much on them. So instead of using "all the colors of the rainbow", I chose 3: No Room for the Blue, Planks a Lot, and In my Back Pocket, all from OPI. I started out with 2 coats of NRFTB, which is just a pretty medium blue, and topped with SV.





Let that dry, then taped off at an angle and applied PAL and SV over all that.


Let it dry once, taped off again, and applied IMBP and SV over it all.





And that's it! I do want to take a moment and rave about a product I started using last week: Orly's Bonder. O. M. G. I have serious problems with my manis chipping the day after I do them, and that's with using OPI's Chip Skip before I apply anything to the nail. This stuff is amazing! It creates a rubbery surface for your polish so it will last longer. I would have been happy just to not chip the day after, but I don't get chips for at least two days. It's not that I'm unusually hard on my hands, I think I'm just a problem lifter =\ Anyways, that's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment