Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Challenge #18- half moons

Happy Wednesday! My day has just started here, so nothing has gone wrong yet, lol. Can't say that for the same for the last few days, like Saturday...... Drowned rat look is not good for anyone :P Anyways.

For Pink Wednesday, and for today's challenge, I had picked for me half moons. Not a difficult look to achieve, but I think I may try doing it freehand at a later time. For my base color, I used 2 coats of OPI's Over Exposed in South Beach. This is such a beautiful magenta, completely unique in my collection. It's got a touch of shimmer to it with flashes of red and purple. Just beautiful in the sun.







The half moons were a tiny bit tricky. To create the look, I used binder reinforcers that I cut in half (and the ones I found were a pain in the to find at all). Using a small flat brush, to prevent bleeding, and Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Black Out, I just filled in where I "taped" off. I added a little more to my thumbs but left the rest alone. Not bad for my first time, I think.






No comments:

Post a Comment