Monday, March 19, 2012

Four more challenges!

Good Monday afternoon! I hope everyone had a great weekend and celebrated with the appropriate greenness. Hubby and I went to dinner with my folks at the Icehouse, which truly is a rennovated icehouse in historic Punta Gorda, FL, and is now a British style pub. They have a limited menu but the food is pretty good.

Let's see, I have 4 new challenges to show you today, starting with Friday's. The theme for that one was "a color you think is boring". Well, I think to alot of people, grey is boring. Personally, I love grey polishes, but I do have to admit that Skull and Glossbones is a little boring for my taste. I had picked it up awhile ago, intending to use it as a base for newsprint manis, which I was planning to do but that failed. I started with 2 coats of S&G, which covered very nicely.






After looking at its plainness for a few hours, I decided I needed to jazz it up. Enter into the picture OPI's Blue Shatter. Yes, yes, I know. Everyone is tired of Shatters and Crackles.......... except me. I'm actually super excited that the Spiderman collection that OPI has planned for May will include a Green Shatter :P I love how the blue and grey look together, it's one of my favorite color combos.







Now, for Saturday, the them was supposed to be "a color that is blue". I changed that, of course, to green for St. Patrick's Day. My base color was 3 coats of a lemming I finally got again, after having gave it to my cousin years ago: OPI's Hey! Get in Lime! I absolutely love this green. It's not a true lime green, but almost a minty green. It has a little too much green, rather than blue, to be a mint though. I let that dry, then applied two coats of Sinful Colors' Green Ocean with a coat Matte-ly in Love from Hard Candy.







Yestday's theme was "a color that's inexpensive". This was pretty much a no brainer. A few weeks ago, I had picked up Wet 'N Wild's Vitamin C from their Spoiled collection. This was first one I had bought from WNW in years, literally. I must say that I'm pretty impressed by how they have stepped up their game. The one thing I didn't like about this color is that it's needs 4 coats for complete opacity. I'm sure it wouldn't if you were to layer it. Other than that, I love this orange, it's so bright and summery.






And now for today's! The theme for today was "a color whose name describes you". Hmmm, this was a tough one, since I don't have many that could actually describe someone. I eventually settled on OPI's Hussy, the Merle Norman exclusive. Urban dictionary has several defintions for the word hussy, including:

1 : a lewd or brazen woman
2 : a saucy or mischievous girl
  

In my opinion, there's a little hussy in every woman, so here's to us! Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Vitamin C looks so nice! Is it still in stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my knowledge, it still is. I found mine at CVS, so you may want to look there. If all else fails, I can check mine (I have about half dozen between work and home I can go to) and pick up one for you :)

    ReplyDelete