Friday, March 23, 2012

A few more challenges!

Happy Friday everybody! I hope y'all have something special planned this weekend. I sure don't, as the hubs has to work tomorrow =\ Maybe I'll go to Target and pick up a new book and/or polish. I just finished reading The Help, which I totally recommend. Now, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm really looking forward to it now!

On to the challenges! Let's see...... Day 16's theme was "a color you used to love but now hate". Let me tell, I wouldn't even think about keeping a color I hate, so I don't hate what I do have, but there are a few that I've become very meh about. For this mani, I used OPI's Simply Smashing from last year's Serena Williams' duos. SS is a very unique color, I haven't seen anything like it since or before its release. It's described as a tennis ball green, but it's a little more gold in my opinion. I really did like it when I got it, but now...... I think this may be the second time I've worn lol. This is two coats that I jazzed with stamping from my Shany plates, SH01.










Day 17's challenge was called "a color that you think is over rated". This one was a little tough. I don't normally buy colors/brands that people are "OMG' about. I'm not haven't saying I haven't, I'm just saying that's not my way lol. The only one that I can think of, recently, that I did buy was OPI's Congeniality is my Middle Name. For the record, I had bought Swimsuit..... Nailed it! months ago online, since no one locally got the Miss Universe collection. I got CIMMN while in Tenessee for Christmas last year. I like the color, don't get me wrong, but it's not as awesomesauce as I thought it would :P I believe I did 2 coats of this, after shaking the crap out of it to get the glitter mixed, and added some stamping using my Red Angel plates, RA-102.






On to Day 18's challenge, "a color you used to covet"! This was easy for me. There was one polish that I wanted to so badly that, when it popped for an awesome price, I grabbed it so fast. And I'm not the only one that lusts after it; I see lots of people lemming for this color. What is it, you ask. Why, I'm talking about OPI's DS Glamour! I'll just let the pics talk.








And, just because I felt like bragging about what I put on my mom's nails :P Two coats of OPI's Pink Friday, two coats of Finger Paints' Twisted, with one coat of Matte-ly in Love from Hard Candy.




Have a great Friday!!







No comments:

Post a Comment