Sunday, February 24, 2013

The fun never stops

/sarcasm x.x

So, yeah. I think I've been fighting an infection, not a cold, this last week, which is fine. I can deal with that. However, pain is something I have a hard time handling. Depending on what is actually hurting, depends on my threshold. I had twisted my back at work Friday, which kept me from doing a lot things. I much better tonight than I was even last night, so I thought I'd post this last week's manis, starting with today's stamped challenge.

Now, earlier in the week, there was some mixup with the choices and the two I liked got deleted. I didn't care for the others, so just didn't vote. The winning them turned out to be "something nerdy". I drew a complete blank on  what to do, and ended up doing Betty Boop themed nails.

I had been dying to use my large plate with several Betty images....... So, I was rather disappointed when none of them would stamp. I believe they're engraved to shallow to stamp properly. I had one other plate with one Betty image, my Sugar Bubbles 002, so that's what I used instead. All the images are from that plate, stamped in OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark, over Kiss me on my Tulips and My Boyfriend Scales Walls, also from OPI. I only needed two coats of each, and everything was topped with Seche.










Friday's mani is, I think, one of manis. I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned, and it was rather simple. All the colors I used were OPI. My two base colors were You're Such a Budapest and Can't Find my Czechbook. Both colors are great for spring, but Budapest has my heart; it's the perfect periwinkle blue, much like one of my favorite gems, Tanazite.

I topped the base colors with Seche and let them dry before I taped them off and applied darker colors- Funky Dunkey and Fly. Then, over the purples, I added green dots, and added purple dots to the greens.








Wednesday's mani was very simple compared to those two. I had picked up one of Zoya's Pixiedust colors during their last promo. I bought Chyna, because it was the only real red that's been released between OPI's and Zoya's matte glitter collections. All I can say is, wow. I love Chyna! This mani was done with only two coats.








So, there you have it! I hope you enjoyed looking at these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment