Thursday, February 28, 2013

Last day of February

:(

I can't believe it's already the end of February, it just doesn't seem possible. I can say it's been an interesting 8 weeks; not great, not terrible, but somewhere in between. I'm looking forward to doing some green manis for St. Patrick's day over the next two week. Tomorrow's won't be green, but it will feature a new polish :)

I have for you today, yesterday's and Tuesday's manis. Both feature a new polish, and one a new stamping plate. Let's get started!

Y'all may be starting to realize how much I'm loving Messy Mansion's stamping plates. They're just so amazing to work with and make stamping a breeze. I picked up two of her latest plates, the St. Patrick's themed plate and the dragon plate. My husband just loves dragons, so it was pretty much a given that I get that one. I finally had the opportunity to use for yesterday's mani.

I started with a base of OPI's French Quarter for Your Thoughts at 2 coats and topped with Seche. For my dragon, I stamped it in Color Club's Beyond from the new Halo Hues collection. O.M.G. I really think I'm gonna have to get the other colors, the two I have are just so full of awesome. Take a look at the final mani!








Little black, rainbow draggies! Love it!

Ok, so, one of my biggest lemmings is Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe. I fell in love with it when I saw featured on another blog, but I couldn't justify the price tag. I had read in the last few months that Milani's Jewel FX in Teal was something of a dupe. Sold! I got a bottle and waited for a chance to use it. I hadn't done glitter in a while, because I got glittered out over the holidays :P  What I ended up doing was a nice change from the more spring like I've been gravitating to.

I started with 2 coats of OPI's Road House Blues as my base; I don't think I topped before doing my gradient, but I'm not positive about that lol. Then I just sponged on Teal to the tips, which was a bitch to do clean up for, and topped with Seche. I only did one pass for the gradient, anything more would have made it bumpy as hell, I think.






No comments:

Post a Comment