Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Guess what day it is?!

Yep, it's Wednesday :P

Good evening! I've got a couple manis to show y'all tonight. Starting this week, I'm trying to use my untrieds before using some of my more well loved or favorite polishes. This may take a few weeks, since I've gotten quite a few colors that I haven't used in the last few months.

So let's get started!

First up is a, according to what I can find, VHTF OPI, Black Tie Optional. I found it in a rather unlikely place that I'd prefer not to disclose. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which collection BTO is from. It's beautiful in the bottle, but the duochrome doesn't really translate to the nail. In an effort to try to get it to appear, I stamped over it.

Two coats of BTO with a coat of Seche, then stamped in Maybelline's Bold Gold using Winstonia's W201 (which stamped nicely), and a final coat of Seche.









Sorry for the slightly out of focus-ness, the weather was rather crappy and I had to use the flash -_-

Yesterday's mani was pretty simple, to be honest. It was blue holos :) Three coats each of China Glaze Kaleidoscope Him Out and Zoya Dream. KHO turned out to be more holo than I expected, but that's okay. I still like how this turned out.







Monday's mani featured a glitter topper that I had passed on when it was first released. See, when OPI unveiled their collection for Oz, the Great and Powerful, I was extremely underwhelmed with it. I had expected brighter colors, and I wasn't alone in my sentiment. However, the same was said quite a bit with the Pirates of the Carribean collection that I love so much.

Last month, though, I impulsively bought Lights of Emerald City. It's a glitter topper made up of square glitters, matte and sparkly. I happen to love square glitters, and matte glitters, so in my bag it went.

The base color was 2 coats of OPI's Black Onyx. Now, I didn't realize how thick the clear base of LOEC was, so I just applied it like normal, at two coats. I topped it with Seche, then added a coat of OPI's Matte Topcoat. You can see that there are bubbles in the clear base from LOEC, because of the thickness. I think next time, I will sponge it on instead. Otherwise, I love how this looked.







No comments:

Post a Comment