Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy Caturday!

Good evening!!

For whatever reasons, I just didn't blog the last two manis >.< I chalk it up to having an extremely frustrating week, family wise. Hopefully, it's done with. Now, on to the manis!

Yesterday was my Textured Friday mani, and I tried out something I had shied away from before with my textures- nail art. Well, kinda. I was inspired by this tut OPI made.



I actually have all these colors, believe it or not lol. I had one just picked up Emotions last week, after seeing a decent review of it. Anyways, I wanted to give this a try. I found that my dotting tool was completely useless when it came to "blending" the colors, so when dabbing them, I tried to overlap them a little.

I don't think my try at it came out so bad. I think next time I'll try a sponge, like what I use for a normal gradient though.








Now, Thursday's mani was a bit disappointing. It started off with a base of 3 coats of Jindie Nails' O Holo Night. O Holo Night is a beautiful, blue leaning teal with a linear holo effect. I planned to stamp over this, so I topped with Seche. Sadly, I should have chose a different color, because Color Club's Beyond is barely noticeable, even in my macro shot. It's very faint, so faint that I'm not going to bother with which plate I used. I just topped it off with Seche and was done with it.







No comments:

Post a Comment