Friday, February 7, 2014

Texture Friday and the rest of the week!

Good evening!!

It's been a crazy week, and quite frankly, I've been a little too tired at night to post, on top of having to get up early. BUT!!! Tomorrow is Saturday, and I always weekends off :) So, here we go!

Today's Texture Friday color is from China Glaze's newest collection, Sea Goddess. They finally, finally, released a sparkly textured collection. I picked up two of them about a week and a half ago, and wore one today, Sand Dolla Make You Holla.

First off, the name makes me giggles lol. I just love. This and the other color I got were the only two that really called to me after seeing swatches. Sand Dolla reminds me of the glitter loaded, white crellies that are so popular are now, except of course for it being a texture. Sand Dolla is loaded with green, blue, silver, gold, and fuschia sparkly hex glitters. The formula is..... weird. In the bottle, it appears to be white. On my nail, it becomes pinkish. It's also the only textured that I would consider a fourth coat on it, it can be that uneven. My mani was done with 3, then stamped using Bundle Monster BM-H18 and OPI's Miss You-niverse (which stamps like a champ!).








Yesterday, I did another throwback mani with, yes, Shatter. This time with colors from the Niki Minaj collection. The base color was two coats of Pink Friday with a coat of Seche. I then applied Fly using the Saran Wrap method and let it dry a few minute before applying Super Bass. Over that went another coat of Seche. There actually weren't white spots on the mani, that's my flash. We haven't had much in the way sun this week.








Wednesday's mani was directly inspired by this blogger. Mine wasn't a whole different: 2 coats of OPI Diva of Geneva, 1 coat of Nubar 2010, a coat of Seche, and a coat of OPI's Matte coat.








Tuesday's mani didn't turn out quite the way I expected. It started with a gradient of Zoya's Gie Gie, Julie, and Seraphina, which, by the way, was a right bitch to clean up. The gradient was....... softer? less vibrant? than I was shooting for, but no biggy, I liked it. I stamped over the gradient with Bundle Monster plates BM-H18 and H17 with Maybelline Blue Blowout, topped with Seche. The images were a little hard to capture, because of the weather again.






No comments:

Post a Comment