Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Black and blue all over.....

Anyone that knows me, knows just how I LOVE blue polish. I think I have more blues than any other shade, and God knows I love red too :P I saw today's color at Sally's about a month ago. It's Orly's Royal Navy. When I first picked it up, I knew I had to have. At first glance, it appears to be a gorgeous royal blue creme. Shake it up really well, and you have a turquoise shimmer. Apply it, and you realize it's more of a jelly (or sorbet) than a creme. I'll tell you, it was a pure bitch to clean up for the first two pics; I'm anticipating having blue halos for my pink mani tomorrow >.> Unlike two other jellys I have, this dried to a relatively dull finish, so I definitely recommend topcoating it. I did three coats of this color and STILL have a visible nail line on a couple nails; hence, why I call this one a jelly.




You can see what I mean about VNL, you see it on my index and middle fingers pretty well. Because of that, I added a layer of OPI's Black Shatter to cover it.





It's a beautiful color on its own, but because of that VNL, you'd either have to use a base color or shatter if VNL really bothers you.

No comments:

Post a Comment