Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pink Mani Wednesday

I'd first read about Pink Mani Wednesday on Chloe's Nails blog. I thought it was a neat idea, even though I've never seen the movie that it inspired PMW, Mean Girls. Read about it here. I did, however, think it was a good way to also show support for breast cancer awareness research; my mother-in-law, before she died from an anorysm a few years, was a breast cancer survivor. She was a tough old broad, lol, and didn't take crap from anyone. So, in honor of her and the movie, I present to you my pink mani!

I started with OPI's The One that Got Away. This color is beautiful, period.


This is 2 coats. I probably could have done 3, but I didn't :P



I then added black tips on the mani using OPI's Black Onyx and scotch tape, and topped it off with a coat of Out the Door. I would have used SV, but mine got thick and unusable before I could get a new bottle.




Then, to give it a little more interest, I used Essie's Matte About You on the tips.





No comments:

Post a Comment