Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shattered Nautical

Morning! Yes, I know it's Pink Wednesday, and I will get that mani posted later, but I wanted to post yesterday's mani. I'm really liking the Navy Shatter I bought; it has so many possibilities. Now, if you knew me in real life, you'd know that I don't really care much for the nautical/spectator lool. It's too preppy for my taste, even if I like some of the colors. However, giving my nails that kind of look didn't bother, since it was far from preppy lol.

I used China Glaze's Lemon Fizz and applied 3 coats, with a bit of streaking even after three. A good yellow, to me, is hard to come across. Most are either too golden or too neon, neither of which look good on me. Lemon Fizz is a perfect, sunny, "cold" yellow. By "cold", I mean that it's not golden or warm, like mustard yellow. It's just yellow. I topcoated after that since I was going to use Shatter.





Ok, so by the time I used the Navy Shatter, I had used the black, silver, and turquoise, and CG's Cracked Concrete and Lightning Bolt Crackle. Navy Shatter is a different formula from all those. By far, it applies the smoothest, so that with just one coat of topcoat it's fairly smooth, where with any of the others it takes 2 coats to feel smooth, and even then not completely. Also, Navy Shatter isn't opaque like most of the others. You'll see what I mean when I post today's mani.

But yeah, I applied one coat of Navy Shatter of Lemon Fizz, and it gave the mani a little bit of a nautical feel.







If I wasn't pressed for time, I would put up today's but I haz to get ready for work. I'll put it up this evening. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment