Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wednesday's Pink Mani

Yes, I know I'm a day late posting this :P Life got in the way yesterday, but here is what I came up with for Pink Wednesday. Except for my base and topcoats, all colors are from China Glaze.

Remember about two weeks ago, I went to Sally's and picked up some of China Glaze's neon colors? This is one of them, called Pink Voltage. As you can tell, it is hot pink, a real, teeny bit frosty, hot pink. The only thing I don't like about it is, like Turned Up Turqouise, it dried rather dull. I also had to use 3 coats, since it was bit streaky after two. I could have left it at two, since I was covering it, but meh, I did three anyways. I topcoated after the third layer of color so it would dry fast.







Once that was dry, I used CG's Crackle Glaze in Lightning bolt. I was truly impressed at well it crackled this time. I think maybe I'll have to reserve for using over CG colors only, since it doesn't seem to like my OPI.








For an added little effect, I did one coat of Rainbows, which is a really good dupe for OPI's Fireflies. It's a sheer, shimmery/pearly color that is perfect for layering. My camera had a hard time capturing it, but Rainbows added a pinkish shimmer to the mani.








Lastly, I just updated the Swatches this morning. I'm almost done with my OPI collection and will be moving to other brands/colors. Most of those I'm not as familiar with as far collections and such, but I'll provide at least the color name and number. I'll continue to add to my OPI swatches as I get new colors, though. Enjoy snooping throught it!

No comments:

Post a Comment