Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yesterday's Pink (kinda) Mani

Yeah, I know. A day late for Pink Mani Wedenseday. Yesterday was NOT a good day, and I had absolutely no chance of getting these pics posted. Here they are for today, though.

For the last week or so, the weather here has been awful (for Florida): cloudy, rainy (sometimes xD), hot and humid. I wanted to do something bright, but not neccesarily all pink. This doll was my inspiration. She's part of a 4 doll set called Dream Seasons, she's I Dream of Summer. In place of white, I used pink.


My first color is China Glaze's Lemon Fizz, but before I applied that, I used a ridge filler as a base coat since Lemon Fizz is streaky. It helped reduce streakiness, but I did have a few still. This is two coats of Lemon Fizz. I topcoated with Seche and let that dry.





Once that was good and dry, I grabbed my Scotch tape, taped off the tips, and applied OPI's Shorts Story. Topcoated again and let it dry.





I taped off the part near the cuticles after drying, using OPI's Flit a Bit. Topcoated one last time; unfortunately it smeared a tiny bit on a couple nails.




No comments:

Post a Comment