Saturday, October 1, 2011

Challenge #19- galaxies

Good morning and happy October! Wow, I can't believe it's October already. You wouldn't know it by the hot weather we're still having here in Florida, although it is *supposed* to change over the weekend. We'll see about that lol.

I was going to post this mani yesterday, but time got away from me. Typical Friday :P I struggled a bit with this challenge; I actually had to think about it a few days before coming up with something I liked. I'm sorry I don't have any progress pics, just finished mani pics. I'll try to explain what I did.

I started with two coats of OPI's Light My Sapphire and topcoated with SV. I let that dry before moving on. Then, I pulled out yellow and orange craft paints and mixed a little of each together to achieve what I think it the color of the sun. Using a spotter brush, size 10/0, I applied that color in a half circle on my thumbs. Using the same brush, rinsed in water, I applied Zoya's Sooki in a smaller half circle on my middle finger (I really need to learn NOT to but red over this dark of blue). Finally, rinsing that brush again in polish remover, I made a shooting star on my pinky fingers. I let all that dry, then used one of my dotting tools to make stars with OPI's Rinse Charming on all my fingers. Added little rhinestones to the shooting stars and topcoated everything with SV. It wasn't very difficult, just a little tedious since I suck at doing anything with my left hand lol. Here are the pics:





No comments:

Post a Comment