Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Pink Wednesday of the New Year!!

So, I don't know about y'all, but I'm definitely ready for the new year. So many horrible things happened in 2011, capping it all off with getting rear ended on my way to work last Friday. Yeah, not a happy camper. This year has seriously got to be better.

I'm sure most of you are ready for less glittery, easier on the eyes manis. I know I am :P Don't get me wrong, I love my glitters, but man, sometimes you just need a break. For today, I went a little softer with a teeny bit of sparkle. It was really very simple. I started with 2 coats of Got a Date To-Knight! from OPI, which ia light, candy pink jelly. I topcoated that with SV and let it dry completely, then taped off the tips as you would for a French mani. Instead, I used Congenality is my Middle Name, also from OPI. I picked that up while I was in Tennessee. CIMMN is, like, the slightly darker, less glittery, big sister of Let Me Entertain You from the Burlesque collection. Topped again with SV and done! So simple and pretty.





Next, is the mani I was rocking yesterday. It features a new to me color, although I have no idea how new it is, since I don't normally buy this particular brand. This was a stocking stuffer from my brother and his wife :)

The base color is Sinful Colors Bali Mist. While it is a pretty color, it's not one I would have bought myself. It's very sheer, and took 3 coats to get what you see in the following pics.






Pretty on its own but a little boring for my taste :P So, I added just one coat of China Glaze's Latticed Lilac Crackle Glaze. I know, I know, I keep hearing that everyone is over that craze, but I'm not. I love Shatters/Crackle because they're so easy to use, they're nail art in a bottle.




No comments:

Post a Comment