Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Holo Kind of Pink Wednedsay

Today, I wanted to show off one of my newest babies, OPI's DS Signature. I've been wanting a pink holo for awhile now, but so many are bright pinks (which normally isn't a bad thing, just not what I wanted in a holo). I found mine on Ebay, and am quite happy with the purchase.

Now, you may or may not know, but may people recommend layering these precious holos over other colors in order to extend them, since it usually takes 3 coats to achieve some opacity. I don't always do this myself, but I chose to this time just to see if I could make it a little darker. I had swatched Signature on its own a few days ago, and it came out a little lighter than I expected. Again, I think many of the pics I saw online were of it layered.

I chose one of my lighter pinks, Sparrow Me the Drama from OPI. One coat of that and let it dry. Yeah, it was a little streaky, but I figured I wouldn't be able to notice in the end. Then 2 coats of Signature, letting the first one dry before applying the second, and topped with SV.

The result is rather pretty, if outside of my usual brights and darks. My pics don't do it justice; the first two are outside, with a flash since the weather was/still is very crappy. The third was at work under fluorescent lights with a flash.





No comments:

Post a Comment