Monday, January 9, 2012

Some Flakie Goodness!

Good morning! I'm a little late in posting this mani; I did it up for Friday, but just couldn't get it posted until today. I hope you enjoy because I certainly loved it!

Flakies/fleckies has taken the nail polish world by storm! Last year, OPI released one with their Nice Stems! collection, called I Lily Love You. Since then, they have been popping in other brands' collection, most noteably right now FingerPaints with 5 of them and Zoya at three. Just one of these polishes can change your polish wadrobe, as you can them over just about everything as well as using a normal topcoat OR a matte. These are just a few brands that have the flakies; you can find flakies in almost every brand at the moment, so you don't have to spend a ton to own one.

What is a flakie? Normally, a flakie is made of a base, be it clear or tinted, with mylar flakes suspended in it. These flakies can range in color and size, for example, I Lily Love You has both large and small pieces, but the FingerPaints flakies are all small.

For Friday's mani, I started with 2 coats of OPI's Funky Dunkey, which my new camera made look it's true color! I let that dry completely, then applied 2 coats of FingerPaints' Motley, which is just beautiful. Now, instead of my usual SV, I used Essie's Matte About You. I just love the look of matte flakies, I think it brings out the colors better than normal topcoats would. I let my pics speak for themselves!



Now, I have no idea why this pic's lighting is off, they were both taken outside in bright light >.>




But there you have it! I have more flakies that I'll be showing in the coming weeks. For now, I'll be taking a bit of a break to 1) get caught on swatches, I have alot to do!, and 2) my mom is having surgery later this week, so my work schedule will be uncertain after Thursday since she's one of my bosses :P Mostly likely, I will post something for Pink Wednesday this week, so keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment