Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

So, yeah. The last 10 days or so have been pretty busy/rough for me. I sincerely hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's. I got to go to Tennesse to see my brother and his family for Christmas, then got to fly home Christmas day in time to have a huge dinner with the rest of my family. Last week I worked the most hours I will see all year, then got sick xD Needless to say, I stayed home last night lol. This cold has been kicking my ass; it's not that I feel bad but it wipes me out.

BUT!!! I finally got a new camera today!!! However, the pics I'm about to post were taken with my cell. I promise my next post will have pics with my new camera!

I'm about to show you two manis, both using new, untried (for me) colors. First up is last week's mani, which lasted a surprising 4 days for me. On the one hand, it was a great thing, since I was sick and did not feel up tp changing my polish. On the other, I *did* want to change it but couldn't be bothered lol. I started with 2 coats of Essie Over the Edge, which is a pretty, dark (not charcoal) grey. Let that dry and added one coat of Essie Shine of the Times. I believe that's Essie's first and only flakie and it is just gorgeous. If you want a fun way to change up a mani, get at least one flakie. From what I can tell, there are going to be many to chose from this spring. I have five already in my collection.

Please excuse the somewhat crappy pics. They were taken at work under fluorescent lights and the only thing I had to hold was poor Sleighbelle.





Next is my New Year's mani. I kept it pretty simply since I'm still sick. For this, I started with 3 coats of China Glaze's Blue Year's Eve. Two things about this polish:

1) It's very similiar to my beloved Swimsuit... Nailed it! from OPI, it's just a tad darker.
2) I'm thinking, from the pics I've seen, it might be a dupe for China Glaze's Drinkin' My Blues Away. I could be wrong though.

This is a beautiful color. I want to say it's very jellylike, considering it took me 3 coats to get an even color. The glass flecks (I'm assuming) just make it sparkle. I'm sure it's gonna stain the crap out of my nails when I take it off tomorrow xD Once that dry, I stamped some stars over it with Special White ploish and BM plate 14, topcoated, and done.



No comments:

Post a Comment